REGULATIONS FOR COCA-COLA UNDER THE CAP PROMOTION IN UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Purchase of a Specially Marked Product (as defined below) is necessary to participate in this promotion and win a prize.
Article 1 - Definitions
- 1.1 “Assistant to the Company” means ACTION MARKETING PLUS FZ LLC, Building L1, Office G04, Dubai Media City PO Box 502384, Dubai, UAE. Tel: +97143671132
- 1.2 “Bottler” means AL AHLIA-GULF LINE GENERAL TRADING COMPANY (PVT) W.L.L., a corporation organized and existing under the laws of the United Arab Emirates with principal offices at Mezyad Road, Al Ain, P. O Box 15339, United Arab Emirates.
- 1.3 “Company” means THE COCA-COLA EXPORT CORPORATION-DUBAI BRANCH, P.O. Box 501738, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- 1.4 “Participant” means a person complying with the following: (a) is at least 13 (thirteen) years of age as of the date of his participation, and if under 18 (eighteen) years of age, he has secured written approval from his parent or legal guardian; (b) is a legal resident of the United Arab Emirates; (c) has purchased a Specially Marked Product within the United Arab Emirates; and (d) has agreed to and met all of the terms and conditions of these Regulations.
- 1.5 “Prize Cap” means the tab and/or closure of the Specially Marked Product indicating a Prize.
- 1.6 “Promotion” means the Coca-Cola under the cap promotion held in the United Arab Emirates during the Promotion Period.
- 1.7 “Promotion Period” means from 25 January 2016 to 31 March 2016 it being understood that any Prize may be redeemed up until 30 April 2016 as described herein. The Company may alter the Promotion Period, extend, shorten or cancel the Promotion altogether, in accordance with updates to be published by the Company and/or any of its representatives on the Website.
- 1.8 “Prize” shall mean any of the prizes reflected on the tab and/or closure of the Specially Marked Product purchased by the Participant, such prizes being any of the following:
- Eight (8) grams of twenty two (22) karat of gold to be redeemed from the Assistant to the Company directly and/or delivered to an address provided by the winner anywhere in the United Arab Emirates by calling the Toll Free Number, or
- One (1) air ticket travel voucher of a value of Five Hundred United States Dollars (USD 500) to be redeemed by calling the Toll Free Number and/or the Assistant to the Company to secure the voucher and then present the same at participating travel agencies mentioned on the voucher itself, or
- One (1) LENOVO A6000 smartphone to be o be redeemed from the Assistant to the Company directly and/or delivered to an address provided by the winner anywhere in the United Arab Emirates by calling the call center on the Toll Free Number, or
- One (1) CHOTA Etisalat recharge card of the value of two (2) United Arab Emirates Dirhams to be redeemed at participating outlets
- One (1) 355 ml can of Coca-Cola to be redeemed at participating outlets
- 1.9 “Regulations” means these regulations as updated from time to time as stipulated herein. The binding version of these Regulations at all times is the updated version published as said, even if the Participant or another person has relied on a previous version.
- 1.10 “Specially Marked Product” means the specially marked promotional “Coca-Cola” 355ml can and/or 300ml bottle and/or 1L bottle and/or 2.25L bottle purchased to participate in this Promotion.
- 1.11 “Toll Free Number” means the toll free number (For United Arab Emirates: 800MyCoke – 800692653 mentioned on the Specially Marked Product(s) and which the Participant(s) need to call before 30 April 2016 to be directed to the Assistant of the Company to redeem any Prize won.
- 1.12 “Company” means the website unto which, among other things, the Promotion will be uploaded, whose URL is: www.coca-cola.ae/
Article 2 General Provisions
- 2.1 In the event of any contradiction and/or any discrepancy between the provisions of these Regulations and any other publications regarding the Promotion, including on the Website and/or in any other way, excluding an announcement from the Company regarding changes to these Regulations, the provisions of these Regulations shall prevail for all matters and purposes.
- 2.2 The results of this Promotion and/or any matter pertaining thereto may not be appealed against, and the Company's decision in this matter shall be final and absolute and not open to dispute.
- 2.3 Responsibility for providing a personal detail accurately and fully lies with the Participant only, and the Company and/or any of its representatives does not and shall not be responsible whatsoever for the veracity and/or accuracy and/or entry of details.
- 2.4 These Regulations are in the male form for convenience's sake only, and they include an address in the female and/or plural forms.
Article 3 - Participation in the Promotion
- 3.1 Participant has agreed to enter the Promotion voluntarily by agreeing to these Terms and Conditions.
- 3.2 A Participant must have purchased any Specially Marked Product in the United Arab Emirates, and then follow the terms and conditions mentioned herein to redeem the Prize indicated on the Products’ tab and/or closure, as the case may be.
- 3.3 A Participant shall be considered to have read these Regulations and accepted all of their terms and conditions. By his very participation in this Promotion, the Participant permits the Company and/or the Assistant to the Company to make use of the information he has provided in this respect, and the Participant shall not have any complaint and/or claim and/or demand against the Company and/or the Assistant to the Company in that regard.
Article 4 - The winner
- 4.1 A Participant who does not qualify to win a Prize shall not be eligible to any form of compensation.
- 4.2 All winner(s) of a Prize will be required to contact the Toll Free Number. In the event a winner does not contact the Toll Free Number before 30 April 2016, then the Prize shall be deemed forfeited. The winner will need to present and hand over to the Assistant of the Company the tab and/or closure of the Specially Marked Product he has purchased in order to redeem the Prize won, as illustrated on the tab and/or closure. It is understood that no Prize shall be given without the valid presentation of the Specially Marked Product tab and/or closure clearly reflecting the Prize won. Prizes that can be immediately redeemed at the outlet where the Specially Marked Product was purchased or any other participating outlet in the United Arab Emirates subject to handing over the tab and/or closure of the Specially Marked Product purchased are the following: CHOTA Etisalat recharge card and/or one the 355 ml can of Coca-Cola.
- 4.3 Winners of the Prize will be solely responsible for collecting the Prize. All costs incurred in the process of collecting the Prize will be borne fully by the winner of the Prize. In the event a winner has purchased the Specially Marked Product with a Prize for either the Eight (8) grams of twenty two (22) karat of gold and/or the LENOVO A6000 smartphone will be authorized (if requested) to provide a delivery address anywhere in Bahrain by contacting the Assistant to the Company and/or the Toll Free Number for the Prize to be delivered to him at such address. It is understood that the accuracy of the address and contact detail of the person receiving the package will be at the sole responsibility of the winner.
- 4.4 In the event a winner has purchased the Specially Marked Product with one (1) air ticket travel voucher of a value of Five Hundred United States Dollars (USD 500) as a Prize, he will need to call the Toll Free Number and/or the Assistant to the Company to redeem such Prize by presenting the winning tab and/or closure of the Specially Marked Product purchased in order to get the air ticket travel voucher and then redeem the same at participating travel agencies mentioned on the voucher itself.
- 4.5 In no event may any Prize be exchanged against anything of value, monetary or otherwise.
Article 5 - Exemption from liability
- 5.1 The Participant hereby declares that he does not and shall not make any complaint and/or demand and/or claim against the Company and/or the Assistant to the Company and/or the Bottler, their executives, employees and any of their representatives, in any matter pertaining to the Promotion, participation (or non-participation) therein and/or winning thereof. The Participant hereby declares that this undertaking of his is irrevocable and may not be cancelled or changed.
- 5.2 Participation in this Promotion is at the Participant's exclusive responsibility, and the Company and/or the Assistant to the Company and/or the Bottler shall not bear any responsibility for any damage (including bodily damage), financial loss, physical loss or expense of any kind and sort caused to any Participant, related, directly or indirectly, to the Promotion.
- 5.3 The Participant hereby declares, agrees and confirms, that he is aware that it is possible, that despite Company efforts, events and/or disruptions and/or interruptions and/or faults may occur, and the Participant hereby agrees to exempt the Company and/or the Assistant to the Company and/or the Bottler from any complaint and/or demand and/or claim, and he shall not be eligible to any compensation, indemnification or relief arising therefrom.
- 5.4 The Company and/or the Assistant to the Company and/or the Bottler do not undertake that the Promotion will not be disrupted or executed as planned without restrictions or breaks, managed without errors, will be immune to damages, malfunctions, inaccuracies, errors and faults. It is hereby made clear, that in each of the cases specified in this clause above, the Company may, at its exclusive discretion, take any step in order to minimize and/or neutralize the said, including terminating the Promotion prior to the conclusion of the Promotion Periods and/or cancelling the Promotion altogether and/or taking any other step, and the Participant shall not have any complaint and/or claim and/or demand against the Company and/or any of its representatives regarding the said.
- 5.5 Without derogating from the generality of the said above, it is hereby made clear that in some instances data processing as part of this Promotion relies on applications and other software which is not owned by the Company, and which is not immune to any error or fault. The Company does not undertake that the Promotion will take place without any fault, error, shutdown or mistake, and the Participant shall not have any complaint or claim arising therefrom or related thereto. In addition, it is hereby emphasized, that operation of the toll free number or the Website shall be subject to the availability and orderly operation of the Internet and cellular telephone networks, and therefore the Participant shall not have any complaint, demand or claim regarding any damage, physical loss, financial loss, injury or expense he sustains due to an error, shutdown, interruption, lateness or malfunction arising from the Internet and/or cellular telephone and/or telephone networks as said.
- 5.6 In any case in which it is proved that a fault, harm or negligence on the part of the Participant has prevented him from participating in this Promotion, the Company, the Assistant to the Company and the Bottler shall be exempted from liability.
- 5.7 The Company may provide any information it is requested to provide by law and/or by an authorized authority.
Article 6 - Participant Declarations and Undertakings
- 6.1 Without derogating from any other obligation and undertaking under these Regulations or under the law, the Participant hereby declares and undertakes to the Company as follows:
- All of the details he has provided are correct and accurate.
- Approval of winner is final, peremptory, may not be disputed and/or appealed against and binding.
- He shall bear any responsibility, explicit or implicit, and shall compensate and indemnify the Company and/or its executives and/or employees and/or any of its representatives, immediately upon its first request to do so, for any damage (including direct, indirect, circumstantial, consequential damages, loss of profit and damage to reputation), financial loss, physical loss, expenses, of any kind and sort, as well as legal fees and attorney fees, due to any complaint demand and/or claim arising from an illegal act and/or blunder related in any way to direct and/or indirect breach of these Regulations.
Article 7 - Miscellaneous
- 7.1 The Company will not be held liable in case the Promotion and/or campaign is postponed and/or cancelled for any reason whatsoever, or for any other matters considered to be beyond the Company’s control.
- 7.2 By participating in this Promotion, each of the Participants, agrees, confirms and declares, that he has read these Regulations and that he undertakes all of their provisions, and even if he has not read these Regulations, he agrees that these Regulations shall apply to him and shall be binding unto him for any matter and purpose. Accordingly, Participation in this Promotion is at the Participant's exclusive responsibility, and the Company and/or its authorized representatives and/or Assistants to the Company and/or the Bottler shall not bear any responsibility for any damage (including bodily damage), financial loss, physical loss or expense of any kind and sort caused to any Participant, related, directly or indirectly, to the promotion and/or winning thereof.
- 7.3 Each of the Participants hereby agrees and confirms, that his participation and/or winning in the Promotion, may be covered, filmed, photographed, and broadcasted on the media, including television, billboards, printed press, the Page and other websites, and that by his very participation in this Promotion the winner hereby expresses his consent to the publication and/or filming of his name and photos as part of said coverage and publications, including as part of Company publications and sales promotions.
- 7.4 In any instance in which it is proved that negligence on the part of the Company and/or the Assistant to the Company and/or the Bottler and/or any of their representatives has prevented a person from participating in this Promotion or winning the Promotion, the compensation to which he shall be eligible shall be limited to the cost of the Specially Marked Product he would have purchased to that effect.
- 7.5 Participation in this Promotion is prohibited to the assistants, employees, executives, partners and family members of the Company and/or the Assistants to the Company and/or the Bottler.
- 7.6 All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.